Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jackpot


I spent Saturday afternoon with a dear old friend and her beautiful brand new baby girl. We went to the Acorn Antiques Show in Weber County. It was so much fun to bring the baby along and hear all the townsfolk coo over her admiringly. I loved carrying her around in that vest!
That is cream soda in my hand by the way


We encountered many interesting people who felt the need to give my friend every last piece of their mind when it came to babies. She was a regular celeb and with it comes the shit like what the dealer (who sold me a jackpot pair of clip- on earrings) shared: "I can smell your  breast milk." It is a strange thing to say, is it not?

 Anyway, here are the earrings.



We carried on in our journey; I made a point to have this sweet baby model every piece of rhinestone jewelry I could find. We then decided to take a break for lunch where we made our way to Javier's. 
I need someone to burp me like this after I eat

 When our diapers were changed and the spit up wiped off we headed back to the show. We were lucky enough to come upon Gladys Goose. She is a temperamental little bitch and her mother has a side arm (which should tell you something about northern Utah). She wouldn't let me pet her but for a moment and then she nibbled at my gold ID bracelet. 

Gladys Goose with her gun-toatin' mama
We were exhausted afterwards, if her face doesn't just say it all.


I'm tired Aunt ReRe
                                            

No comments: