Wednesday, May 22, 2013

So Happy I Could Die 2...

I fucking did it. I bloody fucking mother shit ass hole fucking kick-over-a-trash can did it. Almost one year here and I'm going to be an unemployed full time SLCC student. I hadn't realized how close I was to finishing in Baltimore. I figured I wouldn't get the opportunity to finish what I had started in 2010. I thought I would be tied down and then I remembered the only person that can tie me down is me and I cut this bitch loose last year. I'm tired of the ongoing nonsense that is my job and I am tired of the eye-rolling bad decisions that keep getting made and I am at the top of my game (so to speak) for what I can do with the education I have. The life raft that is my experience is slowly sinking under the weight of my demands for better wages, hours and working conditions. I can no longer get by on my good looks and sharp wit.
Bre said that when I graduate from college I can have a High School Prom themed graduation party. I am going to rent out a gym from the YWCA and literally have the prom I never had. There will be balloon garlands for photo ops, spiked punch and 90's dance music. The idea of this is worth another three years of school in order to get my BS. What will I do without my ball and chain career (which is sad because I love this work)? Who will pay my mortgage? I don't know, and frankly, I don't really care. I know it will work out and this is just another leap off the high dive and by now I am so fucking good at it there is barely a splash. Hanging on to jobs and relationships that are going no where and offer no emotional support for me are more easy to ditch than ever. I won't be hounded, silenced, belittled or made to feel less than what I know I am. Never has anyone accused me of being a door mat and I refuse to start now. So...I will hope for the best and prepare for the better. The bills will get paid somehow and I will continue to surprise myself, how nice.
My date to my graduation Prom






My perfect dress!!!

No comments: