Saturday, June 9, 2012

This is the place


You never knew safety until you felt the awesome hug of the mountains. 

I had so many dreams where I was in Salt Lake doing the things i normally did: working at 4th South, hanging out at Litza's, going to the city library, kamikaze's at Burts. But then I would wake up and it would all be gone, I would be alone in Baltimore in the dark. 
Not anymore though, this heart on ice is packing it all in just like I have done so many times and is heading back to the place where I belong. 
I feel different, I am definitely older now but my feelings are changed, my outlook has shifted. I remember feeling the exact same way when I was living in Oklahoma almost nine years ago. I had no where to be, no place that felt special or people that i loved. When I moved to SLC then it was to help take care of my grandpa. It ended up turning in to my home and being a salve to my young self. I was healed by those mountains; I became a woman up there. 
 So now I return. I do not doubt Brigham Young's feelings at all when he saw the Salt Lake valley and knew "this is the place." This is the place. This is my place. And just like when Dorothy awoke from her concussion induced adventures and knew that home was the only place she wanted to be, I too realize just where my home is. I wish I could click my heels three times, but instead I will fork over $1400 for a Uhaul, have my dad drive my car (with cat and dog inside) and plan to stay in hotels along the way so I can get back to where I belong. 


No comments: