Thursday, July 9, 2015

Waiting

I couldn't breathe after she told me you had come in. I sat shocked and immedietly wondered aloud the "why" and "when." Sitting there in the Cabrio top down on the Fourth of July with crackers cracking and hearts being restarted. I couldn't believe it; sought photographic recognition and it was confirmed. Why now? Will be have a "run in?" and then on top of everything else in my life. Waiting now for a new confirmation of a job and hopefully higher pay. I just paced and thought and fretted and swooned over you and then went back to pacing. If I leave will I ever see you again? I wished I would and I guess it wasn't me who got to see you. Maybe you were desperate and maybe you were there and nervous to be known. I just get this far away lost feeling in me when I think about you. Wistful and mysterious and fucking wonderful from fear of the unknown. Your hand running up the side of my thigh. A wooded glen. A brush of lips. A cool pond with mossy rocks. Thick pressure making me fall. A mousterian with ancient paintings. Where are you tonight and who are you thinking of. Come see me, I'll be at the library. 

No comments: