Sunday, March 15, 2015

Teen

Wow am I not regretting my teen years right now. I lived hard, loved even harder. I snuck out and partied. I walked home alone in the dark. I wore whatever I wanted and said whatever I wanted. I kissed and made love like only a teenager who doesn't know about a care in the world can. All night long in the back of the Cabrio with the top down and the fireflies lighting up my body on the hottest night of my life. I don't like those boys anymore, they are unkept badly aged men now with much more adult features that you don't need to see on their faces to know how bad they are. But wow did they give me some precious memories. Gems of a time gone by forever encrusted in my golden heart. Bonfires, stolen fireworks and danger...danger around every corner it felt like. Smoking cigarettes and talking about how we would be now. Well, now you are a part time employed student who has "real wealth" according to the government and yet I feel as lost and helpless as ever. We took ourselves and our problems so seriously. I just can't anymore. It's all a joke and whatever sucks now you probably won't care about in ten years, or even two years for that matter. Time erases all the wrinkles and leaves the shore smooth. Learning about myself and what I liked sexually and musically and artfully and whatever else. It really was the best adventure. That's my problem now. I've done it all and I know myself and I haven't surprised me enough lately. Well, good thing I have a good excuse to cut loose coming up. 

No comments: