Saturday, February 7, 2015

Bold moves

Thirty. Thirty, flirty and fabulous. Pulling out the thickest marker I own and scrawling it across everything; underline, cross out and redefine. Travel and try and be and go and meet and see and do everything I wouldn't have before. Flirt more, smile more, make eye contact more. I smiled at so many men today and they smiled back and said hi or made eye contact in a nice way. I was nice. I told that guy I liked his Jeep and he loved that. The guy in the grocery store, actually, the guys in the grocery store tonight. Saying hi to strangers on the street. Getting coffee at 7:30pm and not caring. Cutting paper and pastel drawing. I don't know I guess I just have been living on a straight line for the most part and now it's time I get a little messy. Shake my hair up, wear wild clothes and purple lipstick, go in to the men's room and say "oops" and giggle on my way out. Go on dates and leave the city. 

No comments: