Thursday, December 18, 2014

Island fever

I drank coffee out on the lanai while the trade winds ripped through me like a rude stranger pushing me aside on a sidewalk. I watched the clouds roll over and the sun turn their bellies pink and it was more beautiful than anything I've seen lately. We rode the bus to the Honolulu Museum of Art and saw the Art Deco Hawaii exhibit as well as their collection of Picasso etchings and drawing, O'keefe, Gaugan, Van Gogh, Rivera, Matisse as well as Monet's famous Water Lilies. We had a weird, rude encounter with two Japanese women that I'm too tired to recount right now. We ate Thai at the Bangkok Chef and then went to the huge mall to the Macy's to buy shoes. Oma said her heel hurt and it was like she had a nail stuck in her shoe and my mom flipped the shoe over and we were shocked the see a huge screw with a washer attached stuck straight through her shoe. After that we took the bus home and rested before GM , GD and great aunt Glenda got in. We ended up going to a Mexican restaurant named Mexico (go figure) and to get there I had to take an appallingly hellish bus ride. 

No comments: