Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Alone in the ocean

Hawaii is beautiful, just like the movies show it. It mists on you and is humid and warm and sunny and cloudy and bright and beautiful. The grass looks spray painted, the plants look fake and there are Asians everywhere you look. The tap water smells like you swam in a pool and forgot to wash your bathing suit after. I'm laying here in my room in our rooftop penthouse suite with the balcony door opening and this insane seabreeze rushing over my naked body. I'm hot and cold at the same time, desperately wishing I had a joint or something. The lights are bright in everyone's condos, Christmas Palm trees and lit up snowmen in cabana shorts. I feel unsure about being here in the middle of the ocean, nothing for a very long time, just the island and the water. 

No comments: