Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Night light

Chronic nap time leads to night owls. I can stay up, party with the bats. I can do yoga and dance like Bey. I can paint and draw and steam milk into clouds. I can't go to sleep at a normal hour though. 

I love beets. And watermelon. Not together necessarily just as two individuals. Fruit and vegetable. I didn't used to like either that much but now I do. Now I know what they taste good with so I plan accordingly. Just like with dark chocolate. That is how I knew I was a woman. Women love chocolate and women in that sweaty, guttural, Deep South drawl kind of way love their dark chocolate. 

I love jewels. Broken brooches beg to become beautiful baubles again. "So I think this is the best costume for the day" she said. Grey growing gaily in a garish, gawking way. I worry that will be me and my end. I forget little Edie's story went on and she got to wave her flag. 


No comments: