Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Petite Mort

I'm uncertain and afraid. I hope it is snowing when he comes in. I'm calm and confident. It's just a mixtape. Why is music so deeply personal to me? Will he listen to the Vince Guaraldi Trio and curse my name? It's just notes and tones and sometimes singing. I realized after the fact that all my music was girls singing. Will it get put in the glove compartment; lost for months until he needs his registration? Our brief encounters. Akward and cute. What did he do tonight? I want to tell him I came home, made shrimp and white cheddar grits that were out of this world. I watched Spirited Away and relaxed in a way I don't get to do often. I imagine him walking into a very large room filled with people and he would scan the crowd and see me and laser in on my gaze. I need to practice my math. 

No comments: