Thursday, May 9, 2013

Summer-Twilight-Homebrew-Music

There are many reasons why I moved back to Salt Lake (I have documented numerous emotional ones) but my favorite ones have to do with the outdoors + live music + food scene here. I just purchased my season tickets for the Twilight Concert Series at Pioneer Park. The lineups in the past have been exceptional but I swear, this year takes the live music cake. The price is the most incredible part, $35 will get you Belle & Sebastian, The National, MGMT, Empire of the Sun (!!!), Erykah Badu (I must have listened to "On & On" a hundred times a day in middle school), Kid Cudi (hello "Pursuit of Happiness") and...THE FLAMING LIPS!!! Not to mention all the excitement that "TBA" stirs in my perfectly developed chest. I am over the blue moon...and on top of all of that Bre and I are seeing The Postal Service at Saltair at the end of the month.

The food truck scene is slowly getting it's footing here but still leaves much to be desired (I was totally spoiled by Baltimore's FT scene). Craft Lake City is happening August 9-10th and they are promising to offer more selections of artisan foods as well as food trucks! I want a banh mi from Lewis Bros. in one hand with a So Cupcake cupcake in the other and an Epic 825 ale between my legs. Last year we went a little late and I was more interested in buying screenprints of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man crashing into the Salt Lake Temple and a patriotic looking Airstream.

I can just imagine myself in the heart of July, in a long dress with a big hat covering a mass of curls and sunglasses hiding my made-up eyes. Pouting lips reading off future predictions for leery concert-goers in exchange for beers and stories on the park lawn. This will be a beautiful summer.




No comments: