Friday, August 24, 2012

Home is where you hide your crap



I crave home ownership. I salivate when I walk past a Lowe's; I watch "This Old House" and wish I could rip out shitty carpet only to reveal gorgeous wood floors. You want to turn an attic space into an opium den? I'm all over it. You know what makes planning for your future home easy? Pinterest.



I want antique chandeliers in every room. I want pedestal sinks and slipper-style bathtubs.


























               I need this sofa. 


I would love nothing more than to lay on a thick carpet surrounded by house plants and stare up at this chandelier.

I think it might be the old Hollywood drunk in me who cannot get enough of a big ass chandelier.




Let us not forget the importance of a vanity. A lady must always have a place to set her lipstick.



Pinterest has totally taken over in the way people plan for things. You no longer have to scour design rags with your scissors poised to clip whatever marbled toilet seat and 18k gold faucets flip your way. Who cares about Reese Witherspoon's ranch house in Elle Decor when you have limitless pin boards to post fashionably avant garde photos of a dream house you will probably never attain? Whatever, that's what dream houses are for. If I can manage to have something with crystals dangling off of it in my future home I will feel like a winner. xo







No comments: