Monday, November 3, 2014

Heart burn

Sitting across from you last night. Your smile and how you look just straight in to my eyes, catching glances like shy teenagers. Maybe that's what it is? "I don't care if forever never comes cause I'm holding out for that teenage feeling." Say that over and over. I planned it in my head, saw it on my way to the meeting. I didn't plan the seating arrangement and I showed up a few minutes late. I managed to sit directly across from you. A simple lighting change and we very well could have been having a romantic dinner. I thought "I'll ask if he wants a ride home." and then "we'll be in close quarters and we can talk and I can be pretty and funny and he'll be close enough to smell me and he'll want more."  I waited and waited and then so casually "do you want a ride home?" and disappointment is a slice of "oh, no, (his ex? girlfriend) is coming to pick me up." 
"Oh, ok." And then nothing. I walk out and don't say goodbye to anyone get into my car cold and alone. I watch him for a minute. She is parked behind me and he gets in effortlessly. 

I don't care, if forever never comes.


No comments: