Wednesday, July 10, 2013

She is me

From the vault! Names and other things haven't really been edited out...



August 2007

She is me
I am her

She is me
I am her

I miss annie. I miss her so much I just stop breathing thinking about her. We were connected to each other during what would be a very important, sexy, rebellious and exciting time for me and it ultimately would turn in to her downfall. I try I tried. I tried to say goodbye. I did I will say it to myself over an over again I tried. She was walking while I was running. I did all these things and she didn’t do anything. I quit cocaine with just enough respect for myself left over to know that I had to do something. She did more and more. Really truly though…I will never know to what extent her drug use was going on to. I know she drank a lot. We all did then, it was our life.  Her and phil had other problems though…on top of the drugs and alcohol. Annie was so angry and phil was too but he was a doormat when It came to her screaming at him about whatever. I miss them though. I never thought I could feel so belonged to anything like what I had with them. We took each other everywhere and we branched out but still stayed close. That winter they lived in the pirate house and they slept up in the lookout way upstairs that fit only a mattress and tv and they took care of baby kitty. Or summers when we would go to liberty park and drink beers and lay in the grass and sunlight.  Nights when annie and I would watch laguna beach and lay on our couches and snuggle waiting for phil to come home from the meat packing factory. I miss her. My red headed cancer. She loved all things cherries and horses. Still life with woodpecker and her dead best friend morgan, who oddly enough died on the cross street of Pratt and Rebecca in Spokane, Washington.
It was so chance that we even met. I will never forget that. Years later, at the end of our friendship, I was living across the street and around the corner from the apartment we met at and exactly 1 block a 1/2 over from her apartment she lived in and we became friends in. I was scared I wouldn’t make it in Salt Lake. i championed it. I will always be in love to the very core of Salt Lake City. Annie completely surrounds almost every memory I have of it. I am so sad about leaving though, leaving her. She wouldn’t even talk to me at the end. She wouldn’t even say anything at all to me, ignoring my calls and hiding whatever pissed off feelings she had. I think she forgets that when her and phil moved to Spokane, she left me behind for almost 5 months and It felt like forever. And then she just shows up at my doorstep later with all these homeless gutter punk kids and its all ok. I hate myself for loving her so much. I wish I had my best friend back.

No comments: