Monday, January 14, 2013

no title

How do you find love in someone who has hurt you to the marrow and the sinews. It's unspeakable to think you have the capacity for that kind of forgiveness; and yet you do. The bombs of heartache have been going off all around me for awhile now; old friends, family members and personal failures. I don't want to believe that permanent, monogamous love is dead and buried. How defeating to think that, as a species, human men and women make conscious decisions to knowingly hurt each other by falling in love with/ making love to other men and women who may also be in a similar situation. It's a nightmare to be bothered  so much by this. I want to shrug it off and say "Hey, I'm a modern girl..." but I absolutely will not. I want someone to consider our unit sacred and cherished. There will be music and light and honesty. Sweet words and wholesome feelings. Love and challenge, it will be everything I really needed from a person, not just the stuff I wanted. I love myself, so I have to protect myself from everyone else. Just lock myself away in a tower and never worry about if anyone will come looking because they are too busy mating and caring about nothing important.

No comments: