Monday, November 19, 2012

Like a whole bucket of stars

Tomorrow afternoon I will carry myself across the threshold of home ownership. I have ordered custom "I moved" announcements; this seems appropriate as it isn't fair for us single girls that we have to wait to get married and have a baby before we can announce anything. I did this on my own and I am damn proud of it.

I am visualizing cleaning out my cabinets and lining them with pretty oilcloth. Washing and stacking the Fiestware that has been packed away, patiently awaiting the day that it could fulfill it's dishware destiny. Buying a refrigerator was so exhilarating one would have thought Ryan Gosling himself sold it to me.

I need a chimney sweep but I won't let him in the house unless he looks like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

I have more shopping to do; I have a dining room table but no chairs. I have carpeting but no vacuum, I have highball glasses but no liquor to put in them. 

I feel so calm now. So free and calm. 

No comments: